Malakwa is a small community located approximately 11 km (7 miles) east of Sicamous and around 60 km (38 miles) west of Revelstoke. The Trans Canada Highway runs right past it.
- Malakwa High Speed Internet - We now offer and install High Speed Internet in the surrounding Malakwa area. No more endless wait times while you down load on dial up. For pricing and more information call Lawrence Rae at 836-2424.
- Television and Radio Repeater - We have maintained a television presence in the valley for many years. Initially installed by the Farmers Institute the antennas and repeaters have been revamped several times since then at substantial cost to the community. We have overcome the clashes between local forestry and communication providers, but we have also received some generous help from time to time from individuals who appreciate our efforts and the signals they receive. Due to lack of local radio signals in several areas of the valley we are pursuing a new radio service that will provide a variety of stations for your listening pleasure.
- Special Needs Fund - We still have a "Special Needs Fund" that provides assistance to children in health and education. Special purchases have been made to the school and we have helped with medical devices and testing for our children. This fund is solely dependent upon specific donations made through the Malakwa Community Centre Association.
- The Association also operates the local recycling bins and maintain the park facilities.
- The Community hall is in need of major repair or rebuild, therefore the association has been using the gym at the Learning Centre for special functions , music and funerals. Contact Rhona 250 836 4509 for availability and details.
- The old heritage church is also available for weddings . Contact Donna 250 836 2607