- Malakwa is a small community located approximately 11 km (7 miles) east of Sicamous and around 60 km (38 miles) west of Revelstoke. The Trans Canada Highway runs right past it.
- Malakwa High Speed Internet - We now offer and install High Speed Internet in the surrounding Malakwa area. No more endless wait times while you down load on dial up. For pricing and more information call Lawrence Rae at 836-2424.
- Television and Radio Repeater - We have maintained a television presence in the valley for many years. Initially installed by the Farmers Institute the antennas and repeaters have been revamped several times since then at substantial cost to the community. We have overcome the clashes between local forestry and communication providers, but we have also received some generous help from time to time from individuals who appreciate our efforts and the signals they receive. Due to lack of local radio signals in several areas of the valley we are pursuing a new radio service that will provide a variety of stations for your listening pleasure.
- Special Needs Fund - We still have a "Special Needs Fund" that provides assistance to children in health and education. Special purchases have been made to the school and we have helped with medical devices and testing for our children. This fund is solely dependent upon specific donations made through the Malakwa Community Centre Association.
- The Association also operates the local waste reclimation facility, recycling bins and maintain the park facilities.
- The association also rents the community hall for entertainment, meetings, and events. The hall is also provided free of charge for funerals. Contact Rhona for availability and details.
Malakwa Fire Department Halloween fireworks
(7-Oct-2014 11:43 pm)
Friday October 31st, at the Fire Hall in Malakwa. Hot dogs and hot chocolate, served by donati...
(26-Sep-2014 12:47 pm)
Saturday December 6th Malakwa Christmas Bazaar in the gym at the Malakwa Learning Centre 3994 ...